Yesterday was no ordinary day. I won a contest. And the gift I am receiving is no ordinary either. I won ice cream! My foodie collegue, the most inspiring, creative and fun Erin at Erin Cooks held this contest for the best Ask Erin question. She posted the names of the three winners she picked, and I was thrilled to see my name among them! So, my daughter Meltem and I are impatiently waiting for the delicious Häagen-Dazs ice cream to arrive in the mail! Our spoons are ready and the appetites are even more so:)) Thank you, Erin!
Another surprise comes from Elle at Elle’s New England Kitchen. Elle, who doesn’t stop amazing me with her countless delicious recipes, tagged me! Virtually. Thank you, Elle! The idea comes from one of my favorite bloggers - Pixie at You Say Tomato, I Say Tomato. Each tagged blogger has to describe himself/herself in 6 words, and then tag 5 or more other bloggers. This is to show support to our foodie colleagues, to introduce them to others, to encourage each other and just to make friends. So, please take a moment and visit each of these blogs I am tagging. Most of them are newbies, just like myself:) I love reading them all, so please do stop by to say hello, leave your comments, cook their food and enjoy!
By the way, If I were to describe myself in one world it would be a Sagittarius But it needs to be in 6 words, so here comes my 6 word memoir:
5. Somewhat impatient (sorry, two words, because it is really somewhat:)
I am tagging 8 bloggers today:
1. Amy at Familia Bencomo
2. Marysol at Memories in the Baking
3. Heather at Sweet Sins to Share
4. Marija at Palachinka
5. Violet at Flowers in the Kitchen
6. Seena at Simple & Delicious
7. Chuck at The Knead for Bread
8. Medena at Cafe Chocolada
Here’s what Pixie says about the game.
“Oh ‘fortunate’ selected Bloggers, it’s really up to you if you wish to play along! I believe the entire purpose of this is to introduce bloggers to each other; to build the wonderful Food Community that exists. So feel free to write your memoir or not, the choice is entirely yours but honestly, I’d much rather prefer if you took just about 5 minutes to visit at least one of the mentioned blogs that you have yet been to, have a quick browse and say hello.”
1. Write your own six-word memoir.
2. Post it on your blog and include a visual illustration if you’d like.
3. Link to the person who tagged you in your post.
4. Tag five (umm or 6 or 7 or more) blogs with links.
5. Remember to leave a comment on the tagged blogs with an invitation to play.